Writing my life away

I love to write. I wrote as a little girl and found it again after having three kids. This will be a way for me to 'keep up' with getting published. Since I'm not published, I hope this will keep me on target and not stray.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Writing my life away

Writing my life away

This is something I wrote when homesick once. I am not using the name of the place so it says BLANK as to not confuse anyone. Reading it now I see it's poor writing, but hey we all have to start someplace.

Years go by and seasons change, heart strings still call home. Things also change as time goes by and reality when faced can cut like a sharp knife deep in the gut. The saying is you can always go home, but you can never go back. These words ring so true it can be painful to think about. As time changes the physical appearance of homes and land, I find I can drive up the road to the beloved place I called home, but can't go back to the way things used to be. BLANK will forever be stuck in "the eighties" for me and with great pride and full heart I call that HOME. My house is long gone from my touch, but can't be removed from my heart. There I carry with me the memories of a childhood both good and bad and cherished all the same. Good people of BLANK County be good to it for me and please don't change too much. The past is alive for me with fond memories.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said…

    I've been thinking the same thing lately--that things change and you can never go back. This was a lovely reflection of home. Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on 
BlogShares