Writing my life away

I love to write. I wrote as a little girl and found it again after having three kids. This will be a way for me to 'keep up' with getting published. Since I'm not published, I hope this will keep me on target and not stray.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Plotting Santa's gifts

ahh here it's 4:45am and Santa's come through. He just had to knock the poor bird's cage down off the wall! So I had to clean the birdseeds up! I just knew I'd wake the kids with the vaccum cleaner!
Heeehee I had a nap earlier, so funny story-
DH woke me for Santa's call, and we were discussing the strategy for the night. (ok two funny stories) He said let me tell you what child number 2 did. He got up out of his bed, came in here (living room) and circled around the side of the tree and stopped, laid down in the floor and fell back to sleep. Heeeehehehee major awwww factor in my head! LOL so cute (been hanging around the cats too long too by the sounds of it ;) )

so second story LOL We'd finished the stockings and Santa's gifts under the tree. The size and shape of the Santa presents had Child 1's present in the back. but not a tall gift. And I didn't want Child 2 to see the Child 1's first (or he'd claim it as his too) but I didn't want Child 1 to think his gift less important for the placement in the back (those with more than one child I'm sure you know what I mean) and since Child 3's gift were a bit smaller in size but not tiny either, I placed them mostly in front.

So I'm debating mentally should I move Child 1's gifts in front of Child 2's gifts? size wise it made more sense, but like I said I didn't want Child 2 to latch onto Child 1's present. So I asked hubby..... his response (lol)
"Stop! No! It's fine."
I'm like "what? What should I do?"
"No, this is not a plot. It's not three POVs (he likes to use my terminology at times LOL) just leave it alone."
So I repeat my concerns of Child 1 possibly having hurt feelings with his presents in the back.
"I repeat Stop. Go to bed. This has been edited. You're done. It's published. Now go to bed!"

LOL
So he thought I overthought the whole thing lol obviously. But that's what we mother's and writer's do, isn't it? :-D

So what's your Santa story?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on 
BlogShares