Writing my life away

I love to write. I wrote as a little girl and found it again after having three kids. This will be a way for me to 'keep up' with getting published. Since I'm not published, I hope this will keep me on target and not stray.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

It's snowing in the south!

Yep. That's what I said. It's Snowing!

My son asked all winter "When is it going to snow?" It's not I kept saying. Global warming, the green house affect, it's too hot yadda yadda yadda and "We're too far south for it to snow." A dozen and one answers to the same repeated question.

I remember when...

Ohh ever hear one of those? Briana has a great post about those stories... We walked to school for miles everyday uphill both ways... yadda yadda. Great post btw-If you've not read it go and be sure you do! I was in stiches at the memories it brought to mind! Which brings me to what I told my son...

I remember when...
It snowed 3 and 4 foot and took weeks to melt. We stayed home from school and whatnot. Once in the 80s it snowed in April! Two foot! (that really happened btw!) With lots of "wow really?" responses. But it's not snowed like that in years. Plus I moved farther south so that means less snow.

Now it's snowing!! a good two days worth! Of course half of it melted yesterday so we still only have a few inches not feet. So what does my son say to me?

"I thought you said it doesn't snow in the south!"

Ya got me. "Well dear, it is now."

Be careful what you say to placate a child. They always remember!

SO It's snowing in the south!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Bebe said…

    I spent a bunch of time today digging out of the snow. Brrrr. It's cold.

    And... you've been tagged with "currently". See it on my blog.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lucky you, getting snow. All we got was lots of rain. Granted, I'm a little further south than you are, but still...

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Loribelle Hunt said…

    Better you than me lol. ;) It really doesn't snow down here, thankfully. I hate the stuff lol! Enjoy it. ;)

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Silma said…

    Yikes! Isn't it a bit too late to snow? Well, I'll ponder about it at the beach while drinking a piƱa colada.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on 
BlogShares