Writing my life away

I love to write. I wrote as a little girl and found it again after having three kids. This will be a way for me to 'keep up' with getting published. Since I'm not published, I hope this will keep me on target and not stray.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More pics from Iron Furnace

I wonder what it looks like to day because we've had a cloud burst!! I may get to look again tomorrow- unless I'm too sleepy! LOL I can't stay awake when it rains. I almost couldn't turn the computer back on because the storm knocked the power out. EEEKKKK!
Ok this pic has my boys in it. You can almost see them :D Hubby is letting them dip their toes in the super iceburg cold water. I think this water actually comes from out of the cave above (like a deep cavern inside or something is the source) But this is probably the deepest point (least that I know of) and you can walk in it. The place they are standing is a rock I've stood on for 30 years :D Doesn't it amaze you that one rock could be the sourse of so many (thousands for this rock) families enjoyment? I think it's pretty cool.

This pic is behind the stone Iron Furnace (see other post) and the water splits from the top and circles around it. I love how the water falls off the tree root making the waterfall appearance. The water doesn't always flow on this side. Sometimes this side dries up in the heat of summer.This is above the furnace on the left and......




This is above it on the right -feeding all the other pics. This is where the rocks are closer together and could hurt you if you ventured out onto them before it slows to a calmer creek. I love the white water here. I couldn't resist taking it. It's so pretty. The air at the Iron Furnace is a great deal cooler when the summer heat is on than in the rest of the world. You can actually come here just to cool off about 10 degrees.





Well that's it for today. I'll post a couple more either later in the week or next week. Hope you enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like it was a fun day. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on 
BlogShares