Writing my life away

I love to write. I wrote as a little girl and found it again after having three kids. This will be a way for me to 'keep up' with getting published. Since I'm not published, I hope this will keep me on target and not stray.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

competent? hmm

ok I'm in a lot of writing groups. Really. So in one I send in some of my writing for some feedback. I got it. Competent, but bland. Huh, okay. I understand that. I feel bland about the comment, I'm thinking hey this must be good that I understand so completely. I mean I think the comment was competent, but bland which is what they thought about my writing-which means that my understanding by feeling the same can only improve my writing. Yes? Well, I hope so. I can use it to strive for the interesting, can't put it down type of writing.
Competent, yet bland. Okay got it--Hey they didn't say it sucked! That's great!

Everything is a learning experience. Everything. Thanks for my comment. That did help. It will help me to improve and it won't be bland. :-D

3 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Regina Avalos said…

    How is that type of comment going to help you? It won't. I hate getting those types of general comments because they really aren't very helpful.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Silma said…

    Sometimes general comments come from people who are afraid to tell you how they truly feel about your work. So maybe you should ask for more details.

    However, remember that these comments are quite personal. There's no way there's a 100% objectivity here. So be careful how you take these comments directed towards your writing.

    I'm in a lot of writing groups, and one thing I've learnt is that not all of them are adequate for my writing style. Think about that too.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Night Diva Maria said…

    Yes, it is lacking. Thanks for the encouragement girls. I choose to take what I can from it. which is understanding. I felt the same about the comment, so I did at least understand. Lemons to make lemonaide, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on 
BlogShares